It’s hard to believe but February 22nd marked our one year anniversary here at the Libraries and Transliteracy Project. Its been a long amazing year. Being in the thick of things sometimes I didn’t realize how much we’d done until I sat down to write this post.
We’ve accomplished a great deal in a short amount of time, I think a little celebration is in order!
- We added the option to subscribe via Kindle (in addition to subscribing via RSS or email) in June
- We won first place in the Salem Press Blog Awards
- We ran a contest to for a logo and had to make a hard choice between all the awesome entries to come up with the official logo and made some great swag available!
- WE were nominated for not one, but two Edublog Awards.
- We added new four contributors: Brian Hulsey, Lane Wilkinson, Anthony Molaro and Gretchen Caserotti. We said good-bye to Buffy Hamilton, one of our founders.
- We worked with ALA and LITA to form an official Interest Group and had our first official meeting at MidWinter, and will have two panels at Annual!
I had no idea when I started this project with Tom Ipri and Buffy Hamilton that it would take off like it did. I’d like to say thank you to my fellow contributors and to all of our readers and supporters for an amazing first year!
Stay tuned we have some exciting things planned for Year Two! 🙂