- Informing Communities: Sustaining Democracy in the Digital Age. Knight Commission on the Information Needs of Communities in a Democracy, 2009.
- Opportunity for All How the American Public Benefits from Internet Access at U.S. Libraries, Seattle Washington: Institute of Museum and Library Services, 2010.
- LITERACY for the 21st Century An Overview & Orientation Guide To Media Literacy Education, second edition Center for Media Literacy, 2008.
- Don’t Touch That Dial! A history of media technology scares, from the printing press to Facebook.
- The Six Magic Words
- Defining Transliteracy
- Libraries and Transliteracy Slideshow